Sunday 2 March 2008

A promising beginning, not.

I tootled off to get my new car this morning, a bit anxious about a scratch I'd not mentioned when talking trade-in turkey at the dealership, and even more anxious about a weird warning light that hadn't flashed before - or at least that's my story and I intended sticking to it.

When it came to it, even tho when I bought the new car and sorted the trade-in I'd gone in another car, so they bought the old one unseen, the saleman never even looked at it.  Didn't even go outside to make sure it was there.  Still, no skin off my nose, so off I drove in my new little pap pap to Sainsers to fill up.  Paid, got in brand new 12 miles on the clock car and...................... the bugger wouldn't start.

Irate phone call to salesman consisting primarily of me holding my mob near the engine and turning the key and shouting 'did you hear that?, no, you fekin didn't because it won't fekin start'.   10 minutes later I came out of Sainsers and there he stood, looking suitably shamefaced clutching a new battery.  I put on my snottiest tone and told him saying sorry doesn't cut any ice - I expect at least GOOD bouquet in apology and not something from the Sainsers forecourt!

Anyway, all's well that ends, and now it's standing outside looking for all the world like a lump of queasy yellow custard.  :O)

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Job sorted (car salesmen talk lol ) well done ..love Janxx

Anonymous said...

A bad omen to come from that car.  I would have been tempted to tell the saleman to take that vehicle back and I want to pick another one.