Tuesday 11 March 2008

Loyaulte me lie

Lord Goldsmith has recommended that all British schoolchildren should make an oath of loyalty to the crown:
 
I swear that in time to come I will be loyal to Prince Charles and do his will, no matter how totally off the wall and wappy.  I will cease thinking of him as a somewhat thick vertically challenged spoiled prat who chats to spider plants and will acknowledge that once he's been crowned by Rowan Williams then God has anointed him to lead ThisOnceGreatNation in the production of overpriced biscuits. 
I shall henceforth cease trotting to my GP and instead will manage my health by boiling cow parsley root and diluting it 1:1000000. 
I shall pray that his orders that only old buildings should be built across the nation, plumbing and the logical impossibility of building new ancient buildings notwithstanding, are carried out without question. 
 
I heard that once crowned he wants to be called George.  Can you think of a better name for him children?  Myself I'd go for Nigel.  Or maybe Jeremy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! Hmmm now I think Charles suits him just fine - it's only coz he dont want to be a right charley anymore!
http://journals.aol.co.uk/elainey2465/laines-world/