Tuesday 11 March 2008

It's a dog's life

When my husband is away from home the joy of taking the dog for her early morning lavatorial traipse falls to me.  In line with Sod's Law, I usually get dull dank mornings where I have to trudge through endless tractor mud, or freezing mornings when the only sounds from birds are of them shivering before clunking dead into the icy ditches.

This morning however, voila, spring's sprung in no uncertain manner.

Coming back from the gallop:

This is my parish church of St Andrew.  It's stood here for 800 years and always makes me think of Philip Larkin's lines from Church Going:

And a tense, musty, unignorable silence

Brewed God knows how long.

Several of the gravestones mention my house by name which makes me feel, altho an incomer here, that I'm in some small way a part of this hamlet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely entry ,thanks for taking your camera along with you today ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Awwww that's lovely! Been bloomin orrible here - my poor dog not been out for two days coz of the bad weather! xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/elainey2465/laines-world/

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures, as usual.