Tuesday 11 March 2008

Don't doubt where you are headed!

The Roman Catholic Church has laid down 7 new carnal sins: genetic modification, carrying out experiments on humans, causing social injustice, causing poverty, polluting the environment, taking drugs, and becoming too rich.  An unconfessed unabsolved carnal sin means that on death you go straight to hell.

Now, I'm not sure that the Vatican, which refuses to consider the role of contraception in raising living standards and improving health care and preventing infant death and HIV/AIDS, should be railing against poverty and social injustice and expect to be taken seriously and their listing of obscene wealth as a carnal sin can surely only raise derisive eyebrows every time a richly robed Catholic priest preaches on the Sermon on the Mount in St Peter's Square.

Mind, it's got me worried that every time I start the car or pop a paracetamol or open another plastic milk container  God is taking notes and making black marks in his Big Bad Book. 

My only comfort is that I've never tithed the starving or burnt anyone to death for disagreeing with me and I've neither sexually abused a little child nor protected anyone who has. If I ever do any of those things tho I'll be sure to pop along to confession.

But what about shouting Jesus ?

 

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant - I love your blogs! Laine xx