Wednesday 27 February 2008

Shaken AND Stirred!

The whole nation is reeling in shock after feeling a bit of a tremble in the night.  I can empathise.
 
From as far as Pen Y Boncin and Pant, residents gathered at the cornershop in the village of Knockin to complain that the guvmint has done nothing to save Wales, no matter what GreenPeace say.  Daffodils were shaken in their beds across the beleaguered Principality and some sheep are still baa'ing in fright.
 
Here across the border in Shropshire things have been no less upsetting.  My own smoked salmon mousse suffered a very severe crack, a hoe fell off it's wobbly nail in the shed and I swear my fish have been swimming in circles ever since. 
 
I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that such a calamity never strikes ThisOnceGreatNation again altho with immigrant numbers, PC madness, and the cost of quilted lavatory paper rising exponentially there's just no telling what earth-shattering trauma may happen next.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no shakes here but then again we're too far north LOL...Am getting ever so miffed at england hogging all these earthquakes and tornadoes

Anonymous said...

It certainly ruffled my feathers ...love Jan xx