Tuesday 26 February 2008

I'd almost rather eat my own liver.

Is there anything more tedious than sorting out car insurance? 
 
Try it when you own a car and your spouse is the main driver and you're the named driver, and your spouse owns one and you are the main driver but he is the named driver.  Then give each of you two tickets - 6 points, and have one of you use one of the cars for going to work in different locations, then make one 3rd Party with 2 years NCD and one fully comp with 6 years NCD.  It's best just not to mention the 3rd car once that insurer has told you that to cancel a policy costs £25 admin charge even tho that insurance runs out in exactly one week. 
Kinell, at the end of it all - 70 bloody minutes of it - if they'd said £500 each I'd have said sod it, here's my card number.
Now I'm trying to sort out whether it's worth the hassle to cancel one of our two AA Roadside Assistance memberships, given that my new car comes with 2 years free RAC.  If only I could remember which of us has AA for which car. 
Do you know, I just don't think I can be arsed.  If I break down I'll call em both and let them race it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you use go compare.com or whatever one it is that is advertising giving someone a million quid merely for getting a quote on car or home insurance through their site LOLOL