Monday 20 November 2006

Starry eyed

In the very early hours of Sunday morning I got out of bed, pulled a jumper and my dressing gown on top of my nightie, put long socks and slippers on, donned my husband's big gardening jacket and his beanie, grabbed a cup of coffee and ventured out into the night.  I took my dog in the car through the silent lanes and climbed through brambles that wrenched at my nightie to the highest point in our local country park where I sat all alone and frost frozen on a bench and gazed upwards for the next 90 minutes.

No-one saw me, which was a relief, but I saw 5, yes 5 falling stars.  Y'know, that's the best pre-dawn thrill I've had in donkey's years <gg>

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A friend of ours saw it too ,didnt know about it ,lovely outfit by the way ! pictures would have been nice ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

It was estimated that between 10 and 100 would fall every hour but they're very very quick, one or two seconds and they're gone.  Anyway, 5 is the most I've ever seen on one night, so I was thrilled.  My husband was peed off because before he could get out of bed he'd fallen asleep again, so he missed it all.  

Anonymous said...

I remember when you saw those last year and I was in awe, I've never seen them but if they were anywhere near me I do what you do and relish in it :) Rache

Anonymous said...

I remember when you saw those last year and I was in awe, I've never seen them but if they were anywhere near me I do what you do and relish in it :)

They were over the UK Rach - where are you?

Anonymous said...

I never have seen one.  They're not visible from the hemisphere where I live.

Anonymous said...

um...............I fink you can get arrested for that.......