Sunday 26 November 2006

I'm SO good to you! :O)

 
To access the old style message boards then firstly, from the new boards, select General Politics (or any board you want to read regularly and obviously General Politics News will be at the top of your list) as your favourite on MY BOARDS.  There may be a tab saying Add to My Boards - if so, click it.  The key words to look for are 'My Boards', ok?
 
Then click on this link: aol://5863:126/mbSQuery:512509   and THIS IS IMPORTANT,  either drop it into Faves or stick it on your top bar.  You can totally ignore that it says anything about Parenting, ok? 
 
Then when you want to read the board, click this link you just saved and select My Boards from the top right.
 
Then links to any boards you've added to the My Boards list will come up.  Select Politics and there it'll be, in all it's old fashioned and much loved squalor.
 
But you will need to make sure that you save the above link to your favourite places or on your toolbar and use this way in every time, otherwise you are diverted back to the new crap html boards.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can access the old format with parenting board; but when I try to go to a different board, it reverts back to the HTML format.

Anonymous said...

Mark, first you have to save any other board you want to read into My Boards and then if you access it from that link you should get the old style boards - altho whether it would work for USA boards I'm not sure.  It certainly works for all the British boards I have put into My Boards.