Wednesday 1 November 2006

Autumn

I've just been walking with my dog.  It's a beautiful morning, the sun shining on the treacle coloured beech leaves and the holly berries shining out of the woodland gloom, but as I climbed the hill out of the trees the grass became crisper and at the top there was white frosty rime on the sere grasses and birch twigs. 
 
We had a very sharp frost last night and it's finished off many of the flowering plants in my garden.  The impatien leaves are dark and wilted and the dahlias are edged in black as if in mourning for the summer gone.
 
But only 4 days ago it was so hot that Connie, having an away day at the beach, tore off her kecks and paddled in the sea.  Wouldn't it be great to be 5 again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is indeed a beuatiful morning............
our flowers are still out...........roses everything........BIZARRE!!

Anonymous said...

How lovely ,and Connie is adorable ,.,.,LOVE Jan xx

Anonymous said...

.......I'd love to be 5 again, I'd like to miss out 13 to 16 though :) Rache