Friday 10 November 2006

Ohhh Father

Usually I get a couple of wall calendars each year, one each from my local garage and my oil supplier.  For this coming year tho things have looked up!  Instead of worthy but dull monthly series of cartoons of 'cute' birds or views of the Nuneaton Bus Terminus I've received a copy of CalendorioRomano.  It was a case of Oh My God - almost literally when I looked at Father October - which I share with you here.  Who wouldn't be confessing lewd thoughts each and every Saturday to this veritable 'occasion of sin'! 
 
On the other hand, apparently these 'models' actually are real practising Roman Catholic priests.  The Vatican has refused to either support or deplore this calendar, which fact raises huge questions about celibate priests who, in their Christian ministry, argue for chastity before and often within marriage choosing to be portrayed as glamour pin up boys for a secular - or indeed any - calendar. 
Sometimes even an old cynic like me is left wondering what on earth the world's coming to!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nah doesn't do a thing for me :-)