Saturday 17 November 2007

The omnipresent eye

After needing specs for 50 years my husband can now, using only the eye which was operated on yesterday, easily read what I'm typing here in comic sans size 10 from a distance of 6'.  It's a good job I never diss him  ;-)

We went into town today to get one of the lenses in his specs changed to plain glass as an interim measure and it was very reminiscent of going to town with Constance.  He needed his hand held descending stairs and kept reading aloud from street signs and shop windows.  I may apply to Children In Need for a Grant.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds as though the op was very successful lol at the children in need bit ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

lol only just read this after I left the other comment......tickled me :) Rache

Anonymous said...

lucky him

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that the surgery worked out well.  Personally, I couldn't stand that the thought of having surgery on my eyes.