Thursday 8 November 2007

3 cheers for the AOL General Help board posters!

 
I just had an awfully traumatic incident with my PC.  It really threw a wobbly on me and I had to switch it off.  Then when I rebooted I sent an error report to microsoft and they came back with an explanation I didn't understand and advice as to what to do about it.  That involved opening somewhat scarey sounding files in Device Manager.  Anyway, it was like totally freakin me out dood.
 
At a loss and messing my panties I posted on the General AOL Help board which I read quite often in hopes that something will rub off on me - tho it would have to be by osmosis because generally I don't understand much of what they say.  Bless those brilliant helpful members, they came back within minutes and gave me the very best advice I've ever had regarding PCs.  Here it is:
 
>>> The simplest solution: if after restarting the computer it seems to be behaving normally, don't do a thing.  Wobblies happen, and very often just require a restart, and, if the wobbly was very frightening, a stiff drink.

Never start taking anything apart or annoying your software if it only happened the once!  <g>
 
If you ever have a problem with your pc or with aol, then if you have this link to the board in your Faves you'll be okay.  AOL General Questions

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brill advice :o) I go and harass and annoy HTML and CMOS if i have any techy problems...Mind you i've just come off the phone to ex bro in law to get my router set up properly secure again after someone over in India had me restore to factory settings last thurs...So whoever has been leeching off my BB for the last week ain't gonna be happy now <g> I HATE techy stuff, it scares me, all these big words like device manager etc put the willies up me LOL