Wednesday 14 November 2007

It's fun, fun, fun all the way today.

 
Two weeks of workmen in the house ended early Saturday afternoon, thank God.  They were polite, considerate, quiet and did a good job but I really don't like having to get dressed first thing in the morning.  I'm the sort of slobby woman who greets the mid-morning postie in her dressing gown.  So it was great to get the house back except once the workmen had finished the bathroom had to be decorated.  Sizing, caulking, cutting in, 2 coats ceiling, 3 coats walls, inch by inch cleaning.  Having looked in close up detail at that bathroom I shudder to think that children have been bathed in the grunge.  Now they could have an appendectomy there.  Tomorrow my husband fixes the cabinet, towel ring and rail and loo paper holder.  So that would be a diy-aphobe, plus power drill, plus newly plastered walls the day before he has his cataract surgery.  What's the betting I'll have workmen back by next Monday?
 
My other cause for joy is being told by my GP that I need cortisone injections in the ball of my thumb and, gulp, my coccyx.
 
A pic of my eldest granddaughter Thea with Felix. 
 
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope all goes well for your husband will be thinking about him
the injections sound none too pleasant
handymen and decorators that's my preference any day ;)

Anonymous said...

 The pictures don't show up on my screen.  Too bad, I wanted to see how big Felix has gotten  :-)

Anonymous said...

   OK, now the pictures show up the next day. Good pics!