Thursday 24 May 2007

Silenced at last, a husband's dream come true.

 
I had my surgery early yesterday morning as a day patient.  My throat is really quite sore and my bp is causing one or two problems with movement but otherwise I'm hunkydory. 
I'm strictly forbidden to speak at all for 2 days, and then may speak for not more than 5 minutes per hour and must be close enough to put my hand on the shoulder of the person I'm speaking to.  After 5 days of that I may speak more often but never over the TV or radio or machinery, or when in the car.  The aftercare notes repeatedly say in bold font that whispering is strictly out of bounds.  My husband says if more husbands knew about this aftercare regimen they'd be queueing up to get their wives in for the op.
 
My surgeon thought that things looked okay and there's every reason to think that the biopsy will be clear of anything worrying.  I'll know in 2/3 weeks.  Fingers crossed.
 
One irritating side-effect is that I'm finding that killer rejoinders lack impact when written, especially if too-clever-for-their-own-good husbands then pretend not to be able to read the sarky scrawl  :O)))

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

a silent Jane..................hm

glad it went ok though................

Anonymous said...

:) glad you were in an out. Rache

Anonymous said...

What exactly was the cause of your throat condition??

Anonymous said...

I'm pleased you went ahead to get this checked out.  Being new around here, I didn't want to be all clucky and pushy about it when you were wavering recently but I do think you were wise to do this.  

Best wishes for a speedy recovery...

Anonymous said...

I think all hubbys should get it instead <g> On a serious note i pray they don't find anything untoward and that you recover well soon