Monday 14 May 2007

Weeding my worries away, somewhat <g>

I've been outside working hard, trying to calm down and get rid of my angst about this hospital thing and thought I'd share a few more garden pics with you. 

 I hope you like them.  I usually find that being busy, especially outside, helps me towards gaining a little balance.  This bed above is mainly a grass garden altho it doesn't look much like it at the moment.   I made this bed 4 years ago on the site of a former cowshed and it's where I've put my new cannas which will look great I hope once they come into bloom among the tall grasses.

Altho it's not visible in this pic of the ceanothus 'Blue Skies', one of those bay windows is crazy paved since the petrol strimmer caught a stone thrown up by a blasted mole. The man's coming to fix it on Wednesday, unless it rains again like on the last time he came.  I hope he's more successful than the ruddy useless molecatcher man.

White lilacs are my fave and this is a highly scented double.  I once was asked by a passing stranger if I would cut some so that they could be incorporated into a wedding bouquet for the next day.  They dropped in a pic of the bouquet a few weeks later.  It looked fab.

Altho the deep purple isn't to be sneezed at either. 

I have two laburnum, one each side of our lane gate.  They get bashed by binmen and agricultural machinery who pull into our gateway to squeeze past other traffic but every year they come up smiling.  Much under-rated trees imo.  The whole of the lawn (and pond) beneath these blossom trees looks as if there's been a wedding with blossom littering the ground after last evenings high winds. 

The absolute last of my tulips, almost gone over but still beautiful.


Tags:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

a very very lovely garden

Anonymous said...


Sorry I didn't introduce myself earlier on - I'm down here in the Channel Islands and discovered your blog only last week when I was looking up something. I forget what that something was - I'm a bit of a 'mouse potato', sometimes drifting from strand to strand!

Your garden looks absolutely gorgeous.  I love this time of the year when everything starts to bloom.  

Anonymous said...

Delightful ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Take the letter out of the bin Fairy.  I wouldn't like mixed bays either and I am wondering if you can request a non mixed bay?  Can someone be there for when you wake up so that you have a friendly face to gaze on.  I hope you can sort something and not miss the appointment.

........and you have a beautiful garden.  White lilac is my fave of lilacs and is said to be lucky like white heather. Rache

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous garden...Although the shared garden here is postage stamp size a couple who used to live upstairs planted a californian lilac in it...It's so beautiful and smells wonderful...They have more blue flowers than lilac ones...Now get the letter and phone the hospital tomorrow and ask if you can be put in a single sex bay

Anonymous said...

As usual, your pictures are well worth the look.

Anonymous said...

If you've managed to find a way of keeping the appointment that makes you feel comfortable Fairy, hope it goes well and you're in and out in no time. Rache