Tuesday 8 May 2007

Men, pah!

This morning we planned to linseed oil one of our parquet tiled sitting room floors. 
 
 Hub and dog took an extraordinarily long time on their morning walk so I made a start.  I moved out all of the furniture, 3 seater sofa, chairs, TV and cabinet, desk, this PC ,footrests, coffeee tables, lamps etc etc. 
Then I hoovered and cleaned the skirting boards. 
Then I washed the floor over and had a cup of coffee while it dried. 
Then on my hands and knees I applied the oil to each and every wooden tile and while it soaked in I hoovered and washed the kitchen floor. 
That done it was back onto my knees to rub the excess oil off and bring up a shine.  Time to put the furniture back.  Sofa, chairs, desk, PC, sidetables....  just as I was plugging the TV back in Hub appears. 
Ah, he said, all finished.  I thought I could help best by keeping out of your way.
 
Then the telephone rang.  Hub told daughter No 3 that 'we've just finished oiling the parquet'
 
So tell me, is aiming an oil-sodden cloth straight into someone's smirking fizzog really grounds for divorce?

Tags:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know you enjoyed doing it all and then having a wee mump about it. Makes you glow all over doesn't it.  ;)

Had a nice coffee with your hubby...........we got the timing right then?

Anonymous said...

.........:) nah!! I bet it does wonders for the male complextion. Rache

Anonymous said...

I love the word fizzog not heard it used for ages...Am sure you can come up with a suitable punishment for hubby <ggg>