Friday 1 June 2007

Whispered threats cut no ice, apparently.

For the past few days I've had Grace staying with me over half-term.  She's loved the fact that I can't raise my voice and has made the most of it, disappearing into the garden at key times, such as when I've wanted her to help with some little task, or when bedtime is looming.  Then she's been laughing at me around corners while I've been at the bottom of the rope ladder to the (empty) treehouse, telling her as sternly as possible given that I've had to be all sotto voce that it's well past time for her bath.  At one point she repeated what I tell her when she says some cheek under her breath and she brazenly told me that people who mutter aren't saying anything worth hearing.  I don't know where she gets her propensity for sarcasm from but I'm not looking forward to her adolescence.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

But dont you just love em lol ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

it all comes back to bite you!

I hope you are in fact making good progress - have you had the biopsy results yet?

Anonymous said...

have you had the biopsy results yet?...........

Not yet Stu.  My convalescence has been hindered by a very bad cold and cough so at the mo I'm unsure how well my vocal chords have recovered.  Volume is totally beyond me, which is a real pita when there's a child and a dog running rampage in the shrubbery  :O)

Anonymous said...

You have to remember they start adolescence now too LOL...Hope you're recovering well though