Thursday 21 June 2007

yes yes yes yes YESSSSSSS :O)

I fell down the stairs this morning, but I'm still jumping for joy this afternoon.  Good news for me today - my biopsy result was clear of anything worrying. 

     Way Too Happy                 Way Too Happy                   Way Too Happy                       Way Too Happy                Way Too Happy   

My consultant yet again shoved his horrid nasty camera thing up my nose and down my throat to have a looksee, lucky man, and he tells me that tho my incision has healed well I have severe laryngitis.  This is in addition to the bronchitis my GP diagnosed last week and which is still with me, the antibiotics having done little but given me the usual female side-effects.  Bronchitis, laryngitis and thrush - but all of those are temporary and I'm not actually ill, which is a fantastic relief.

 Doctor

I do tho still have a problem with speaking and am to have speech therapy to help recover some strength in my voice.  This too will necessitate not only having the camera thing shoved up my nose repeatedly, but I'll have to watch the resultant movie on screen and speak - while it's still there!!!! - so as to learn how to manage my vocal chords again.

Doctor

Ah well, mustn't whinge too much today after my good news.    Bounce

 

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

good news
bad news about future horrible treatment
could just keep quiet of course?

Anonymous said...

I have no choice but to keep quiet at the moment Stuart.  Fortunately I'm finding that quiet reprimands are at least as effective as loud ones  :O)

Anonymous said...

Awwww poor you - not had a good time - make sure you dont talk too much then - eat jelly and ice cream!!! Laine xxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/elainey2465/art-degree/

Anonymous said...

Iam so pleased everything is good ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Don't relish the camera but briliant news :) Rache

Anonymous said...

Fantastic news.  I'm so pleased for you that it's good news and that you're well on the road to recovery.

Anonymous said...

Brill news :o) Pity about the laryngitis and bronchitis like...Seems to be a lot of that around this past couple of months...I don't envy you having to get the thing up your nose again but if it helps then guess it's better to suffer it and get your voice back properly...Mind you a withering look can speak more volumes than actual speech at times <g>