Friday 4 August 2006

Something to celebrate

Yesterday was both my husband's birthday and our wedding anniversary.  It was also the day on which our property sale was finally completed after 6 full months of stress, so plenty of reasons there to celebrate. 
We spent the day revisiting places we'd not been to since childhood - and wasn't the weather glorious!  For my husband it was Conwy Falls:
 
Preview
 
 and for me Fairy Glen:
 
Preview
 
 both places are near to Betwys Y Coed and very beautiful and as we were the only ones in Fairy Glen I managed to get 10 minutes nekkid swimming which I absolutely adore even tho my husband's always a bit nervous about me doing it. 
 
 Preview
 
On the way out and back we stopped at the Rhug organic cafe for first class fodder and when we got back home there were flowers in the courtyard from my husband. In the evening we went to a local bistro bar where we had the best food we've ever eaten in this corner of England. 
 
Preview
 
 What a great day.  I'm so glad I married (and kept) this one <g>

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fairy Glen looks  like a magic palce of my dreams.
Do you think you could email a full quality photo of it?
I would love to have it as my screen background.

Anonymous said...

Many congratulations you two.  A perfect day in perfect surroundings.  I know of the falls, I can imagine how brilliant a day it was..........*cheers to the wonderful years to come. Rache

Anonymous said...

How delightful ,what a happy entry ,lovely pictures ,Many happy Returns of the day ........Jan xx