Monday 23 October 2006

Roma

My week in Rome was wonderful.  The hotel was smashing, central and within walking distance to everything in the City and the weather was great. 

The only thing which marred our stay was a metro crash which killed one and injured 250 - and it happened 15 minutes before we intended to use it. 

I think we saw all of the major sites and we really enjoyed walking the city streets and byways.  We also took an evening tour of Rome by night and while trying to set up my camera for night time shots I discovered on getting home that I'd also taken 4 short videos!  I had no idea that my digicam could take audio-video. 

Here's a pic of a typical Rome roofscape, full of domes:

Preview

Another of the Forum and Colosseum:

Preview

And finally a view of the Trevi Fountain - and yes I did throw 3 coins in to make sure that one day I'll return

 Preview

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures,so pleased you threw your coins into the fountain ,now I'm humming that lovely old song ,'Three coins in a Fountain' which one will the fountain bless ! ,.,.,.,Jan xx

Anonymous said...

tell me you didn't sing at the Trevi - please?