Thursday 8 June 2006

Bleep is the word

This afternoon I used the Park and Ride service to do some plastic slapping in Shrewsbury.  The P&R buses are equipped with multiway radios which emit a regular bleep thus reassuring those passengers who have doubts that they are indeed in the land of the living, altho they may still believe themselves semi-comatose in an overheated ICU..... bleep......bleep......bleep....
 
My driver today took full advantage of her radio to ask the exact location of each of her colleagues, including those operating P&R from other locations and using other routes.  At one point this interminable trivia was punctuated by an excited interjection from another bus driver who screamed ' Gary's on Wyle Cop, I have eyeball, I have eyeball'
 
I realise that driving such a route all day every day must be extremely tedious but surely this sort of endless drivel doesn't do much to lighten their hearts or occupy their minds.  I blame television, I really do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I only need to use park and ride when on holiday in Norfolk and we have a day in Norwich.  Have not heard any radios there all is quiet I think it is a wonderful service especially for strangers to the city but I don't think I would like all that chatter either. Love Joan.http://journals.aol.co.uk/jaymact1/JoansMusings/