Thursday 8 March 2007

Joie de la vie

 
They do say that an hour's exercise and/or and hour outside in daylight is better than any medication for relieving the doldrums.  On a day like today, with the sun shining and the wind calm, it's easy to believe it.
I've just had a trundle around the lanes and through my little hamlet with my pooch; cocks crowing, buzzards wheeling, a thrush singing his heart out at the top of a beech tree, celandines, violets, tall spears of bluebells showing and alongside me the pounding of hooves as stud stallions tear up the hillside gallop.  Fantastic. 
Go on, get out into the lanes and see if the world doesn't look a much better place and you'll realise that no matter what's going on in the world chaffinches will still sing pink pink and celandines will still turn their little faces to the sun. 
Way Too Happy 
PS Having weighed myself for the first time this morning since the start of Lent and finding that I've lost 8lbs has really put a spring in my step to match the weather

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely entry, just off to get my coat byee ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

it is even a lovely day here - I was pottering around in  the garden with the pooch and sat on the bench

Anonymous said...

Well done on the 8lbs Fairy. Not quite the same trundling through my lanes but yours sound ideal for a brisk walk. Rache