Thursday 29 March 2007

Eye eye, who's a div then?

Just before lunchtime the weather was looking increasingly dodgy and so I remarked to my hub that I would go into town on a cosmetics buying spree and asked if he wanted to come.  He said he'd rather poke his eye with a sharp stick and went back out to mulch the beech hedge.  10 minutes later he called me out.

Yes.  He'd poked his eye with a sharp stick.  Into town we went, me to the cosmetics counters, himself to the opticians.  10 minutes later we were off to the hospital as an Acute Referral.  He sat there and unblushingly told the consultant that yes, he'd poked his eye with a sharp stick. He's 'dented' his retina apparently.

He's made more fuss about having one eye drop every 4 hours than he made when he did the injury.  <sigh>

Once we got home he said that he'd not been able to buy my Easter Egg as we'd had to rush to the hospital.  I said in that case he'd have to go into town again tomorrow.

Guess what he replied?

Yup.  I'm married to a div  :O)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

your poor husband put him online so that I can give him the address of a nice home for victims of female tongues.

Anonymous said...

Guess what he'd rather do than come online when it wasn't strictly work or dead black American with a disabilty-music related!  In any case, he thinks my unpanicking approach to his attention-seeking eye poking is supportive :O)))

Anonymous said...

I bet that was soo painful ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

oh dear sounds painful! Bless him! Laine xxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/elainey2465/art-degree/

Anonymous said...

Ouch!!! sounds very painful. Rache

Anonymous said...

Ouch, that didn't sound fun.

Anonymous said...

Painful?  Ever heard the saying 'No sense no feeling'?  Yup, didn't hurt him a bit.