Wednesday 6 September 2006

More Bushisms

 
President Bush said about Osama bin Laden today: “Bin Laden and his terrorists' allies have made their intentions as clear as Lenin and Hitler before them. …The question is: Will we listen? Will we pay attention to what these evil men say?”

On March 13th 2002 he said of Bin Laden “I just don't spend that much time on him. …[W]e haven't heard much from him. And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don't know where he is. I — I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him.

Riiiight...... So in four and a half years, bin Laden has gone from being someone on whom the president should not waste his time thinking about to as grave a threat as Lenin and Hitler.  Interesting.

You know, a sentient person might conclude that either:

A) Bin Laden’s potency and influence have significantly increased over the last few years, meaning Bush’s war on terror is an abject failure;

B) Bush was full of shit and/or incompetent on March 13, 2002;

C) Bush is full of shit and/or incompetent today, September 5, 2006; or

D) All of the above.

I’m going with D.

No comments: