Monday 25 September 2006

Easy money :O)

I read on the Politics bard that some aol members were offered broadband for £9.99 per month and as I currently pay £17.99 I thought I'd pursue this with Billing. 

I phoned on 0870 3202020, chose the option to talk about pricing/technical and just hung on for 10 minutes to speak to a human being (interestingly for the first time ever I heard Paul Brady being played as muzac - if you've never heard his band then make sure you do soon). 

I asked about the  £9.99 offer and was told it didn't apply to me, but only to some lucky people chosen by computer.  That's outrageous, sez I, I won't put up with this unfair treatment, put me through to cancellations. 

Cancellations - by name of gorgeous Laura O'Neill - said she quite understood my anger at the unfairness of it all and she could either cancel my account if that's what I wanted, or alternatively she would put me on the £9.99 per month immediately.  I got the official email within 5 minutes.  I thus easily saved myself almost £100 pa.  Try it yourself if you're paying more than £9.99, but do it quickly because this 'offer' is time limited.

I'm off shopping now  :O)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really ,.,.,Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I've been getting AOL free for about 2 months now, but I'm paying $29.95 for broadband through Time/Warner Cable.