Saturday 6 October 2007

Trivial rant about trivia.

I wonder if other people sit cursing at the twaddle on their TVs as I so often do? 
 
Earlier this evening I was almost driven to distraction by the endless synthetic pleas for sympathy from the current crop of X Factor hopefuls.  The father of one of the older ones died sometime last year - " I never thought it would happen" - FFS I think, so you actually thought your parents likely to outlive you???; one of them is a single father " He brought light into my life and I'm doing it all for him" - yes well I daresay being a Sundays only parent can make you feel that it's all sunshine and light tho I doubt if you make it into the bigtime you'll still 'be there' for him;  another couple of them are simply immature 14/15 year old crybabies - "I've never had a chance before" - so you expected to be famous before you reached 15 FFS??  All in all there was at least double the footage of snotty noses and tearstained cheeks than there was of them actually sodding singing!
I think they should make a rule that at the first sign of attempted manipulation they should be given their marching orders.  And some of them should be booted out loooooooong before that, wretchedly dull chirpsters that they are!
 
I wonder if you've seen the same DFS sofa advertisement that I have, and whether you too thought (or in my case said) 'Good God above, do people actually pay for THAT horror'?
 
When I was a kid I used often to ask my Dad if there was any actor or singer, or indeed anyone on TV or in film or theatre that he DID like.  Now all I need to do is start wearing my old work suit trousers for gardening and I'll actually BE my Dad.  Maybe that's a notion to cheer up that weepy woman on X Factor.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's PC run amok.  I'm glad that more and more people have had quite enough of it.

Anonymous said...

It's gotta be hard trying to overlook the stories and focus on the talent........I know I have a hard time. Rache

Anonymous said...

Why do you watch it?
I'd rather stick cocktail sticks in my eyeballs ;)

Anonymous said...

I too have become my father. But at least he and I are of the same gender.