Thursday 2 August 2007

In my garden

This has been a very trying year in the garden but as always it's come up trumps.  Even so, every time I'm outside and looking at my planting beds I'm constantly thinking that this was a mistake, that should be moved, this has to hit the compost and that should have been divided last autumn. 

Here's a few pics taken in my largest bed, created 4/5 years ago on the base of an old cowshed:

   

And just to show how decorative vegetables can be, here's some 'rainbow' Swiss chard fronting up a bed of Bulgarian leeks and backed up by tomato plants grown from the leaf axil sideshoots of my polytunnel plants:


Tags:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

veg pic is missing

what a lot of work you put in.....

Anonymous said...

Absolutely lovely ,cant see veggy picture though ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Fantastic photos.  It looks like digital quality.

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos.  Your garden's looks great.

Anonymous said...

Your garden looks wonderful...Veg can be just as decorative as flowers...Is the rainbow chard the red stuff???? If it wasn't for the leaves not being rhubarb ones from that small pic it looks like rhubarb stems