Thursday 9 August 2007

Browned off

Am I pissed off?  Just a little.  I found tomato blight on my vegetable patch which is where all my crop for freezing was planted out and starting to crop well.  Blight begins with browning of leaves and then patches of the stalk followed by the tomatoes getting brown patches on their skin and the whole plant eventually dying. Even if the tomatoes are taken off and brought inside, they'll go brown in the bowl so they can't be saved.  I've just put about 60lbs of actual and potential tomatoes in the dustbin.  That's our winter tomato soup and sauce for the kids gone.  I could spit.

And now, to make my day perfect, my hub has decided to strip the paint from the fancy portico which surrounds our front door.   I can't let him just get on with it, husbands being the half-assed botchers that husbands are, or mine in any case, but common sense demands I supervise and advise and my conscience demands I do my share of the graft.  He was seized by this fantabulous idea at midday in full sun.  I may give him a slap before the day is out.

Finally, and best of all, I've put on 2lbs and, as I never actually reached my target weight before I started celebrating losing 1.5 stone, I can't afford to pile up anymore.  So just when I should be living on salads and tomatoes............... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you are so busy what are you doing playing games on your computer ? ;)

Anonymous said...

if you are so busy what are you doing playing games on your computer ?

I'm preparing a delicious dinner of lamb and cous cous and a greengage crumble for my husband and trying to choose between grated carrot or cucumber, or even both carrot and cucumber for my own dinner.  I'm very busy dieting but I can do that even while I'm on my pc.
Anyway, shut it you  :OP

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the tomatoes Fairy :(

You have loads of interest in your garden, you couldn't get bored, so much variety.  Hope the painting goes well.......tactful supervision :) Rache