Monday 23 April 2007

Ups and downs

An online buddy of mine has today blogged about things he wishes he'd done in the past and things he'd still like to do. He's made one or two other entries on a similar theme lately and he set me thinking.
Perhaps most people suffer from a more or less draining sense of ennui from time to time, or at least I do and no amount of counting my many blessings helps to get me out of it.  Of course it passes in time and I settle back down again altho sometimes the knowledge that I will 'settle back down again' is of itself slightly depressing. 
 
For myself, I'm considering the notion that I'm a temperamental yoyo under tight self-control.  I'm an emotional 'intensity' addict who's gone cold turkey. 
I also think that getting older is a factor, not because I couldn't still enjoy at least the highs of the yoyo, but because I can't count on beng able to recover ground lost while I was yoyo'ing. 
Yoyo's after all, are intended to while away children's time.
 
Does any of this make sense?
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad I made you think ;) thanks for this entry