Thursday 26 April 2007

Catch up

The plum and pear blossom has finished and the tulips are blowsy and on the way out.  The snowdrops have vanished and the cowslips have gone to seed.  Even the bluebells have begun to fade.
But I have hawthorn and apples smothered in blossom, laburnum dripping flowers, lilacs and roses in bloom, buds on the waterliles, new poppies popping out every day and the swifts and swallows are back over the paddock again. 
Sadly I found my first fledgeling drowned in an open water tub yesterday but the jackdaws are still busy in the chimney top.  I have robins nesting in my honeysuckle and keeping me company when I work in the garden.
 
Thinking of fledgelings, Felix at 9 months is walking now and says hello.  It's his genetic inheritance to be advanced <g>

Tags:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

we still have all that to happen lucky us.....tulips just out,leaves just unfurlng blossom still to come, bitds just starting to build nests.

Saw our first swallows last week.

Ask Felix if he is so clever what went wrong with his granny?

Anonymous said...

Ask Felix if he is so clever what went wrong with his granny?

I dunno Stuart, I've just always been very VERY young for my age <smurk>

Anonymous said...

Felix is walking at 9 months??  Did he ever crawl??

Anonymous said...

You've a beautiful garden Jane.  I believe cowslips are endangered and only grow in certain parts, you're very lucky.

Hellooooooo Felix :) Rache

Anonymous said...

Felix is walking at 9 months??  Did he ever crawl??

Yes, from just over 6 months until he could pull himself up to stand and walk round by holding onto the furniture at 8 months. Now he wobbles off across the room if the remote is out of reach  :O)