Tuesday 27 February 2007

Cause for celebration!

It was my birthday on Saturday and although I've made numerous references over the past few months to something I really really want - or perhaps because he doesn't want to spend that much - my husband professed himself unable to think of a suitable gift for me.  He did once suggest that for my birthday he might get a quote for having my mother's bureau restored, but as he got a blank stare in reply that notion died a death. 
 
As it was, we went out for the day to Machynlleth which is one of my favourite routes and we visited a couple of art galleries (but bought nothing) and then went out to a super restaurant in the evening.  It was a smashing day, and best of all, when my hub apologised for having bought me no present I suggested that no problemo and perhaps it would make more sense if the next time I saw something I really liked he could buy it and that would be my birthday present.  He thought that was a good plan.  He thinks he's going to get off light with some trifling thing.
 
We're going to Chester very very soon.  Boodle & Dunthorpe's here I come!   :O)))

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where Im sure you will find some thing very appropriate ,A very Happy belated Birthday Jane ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Well Im glad you went out and had a nice time - happy birthday for Saturday sorry its late! My partner tends to buy me things when I need it not on my birthday - on my birthday he will buy just a little thing - like this year I already had a laptop, a camera and a camcorder off him so I shouldnt expect too much when it comes to my birthday!! Oh, he bought me a lovely necklace on valentines! whoops nearly forgot LOL Love Laine xxxx

Anonymous said...

So what did you want? Women can be so obtuse!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Fairy albeit late.  Machynlleth is a lovely town.  Hope you get the pressie you want.  A spare oar for the canoe might come in handy.......you could always poke him with it next year :) Rache